Funders & Finances

B Lab's work would not be possible without the vision and generous support of our community of funding partners. To all those who have supported us since 2006, we say thank you; we are humbled by your commitment of time, resources, and capital.

B Lab has raised over $32M in philanthropic capital since inception and has received substantial grant funding from a wide range of donors, including foundations, governmental agencies, individuals, and corporations.

Since 2007, the Rockefeller Foundation has been committed to growth and development of the impact investing sector as a way to address social and environmental challenges and accelerate benefits to poor and vulnerable people. B Lab has been a critical partner in this work and with the creation of GIIRS has laid some of the foundational infrastructure needed to expand the sector and address the world's social challenges."

- Dr. Judith Rodin, Former President
The Rockefeller Foundation

B Lab has taken an integrated approach to fostering the business community dedicated to addressing social and environmental issues. Its success will result in scalable innovation and a more stakeholder centric economy. B Lab understands how business, society, and nature relate. It recognizes companies that solve our challenges, writes law that reflects our cultural evolution, and provides information that is essential to managing risk and managing for impact."

- Ommeed Sathe, Director, Social Investments

The Skoll Foundation's vision of a sustainable world of peace and prosperity will require engagement from all segments of society: government, institutions of fait, civil society, individuals, and the private sector. With that in mind, the Skoll Foundation was proud to recognize B Lab as a 2014 Skoll Entrepreneur for its leadership in creating concrete tools for driving measurable change by businesses across the globe."

- Sally Osberg
Skoll Foundation

Global Current & Past Funders

$5,000,000 - $10,000,000

Prudential Financial
The Rockefeller Foundation

$1,000,000 - $4,999,999

B Lab Co-Founders
Blue Haven Initiative
Deloitte LLP
Halloran Philanthropies
The Lumina Foundation
The Prudential Foundation
The Skoll Foundation
United States Agency for International Development

$100,000 - $999,999

Case Foundation
David C. Hodgson
Department for International Development (UK)
Good Energies Foundation
Inter-American Development Bank
The Kendeda Fund
Larry Lunt
Panta Rhea Foundation
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Propel Capital
RSF Social Finance
Stichting Benevolenta
Swati Mylavarapu
The Clara Fund
The Generation Foundation
The John P. and Anne Welsh McNulty Foundation
The Surdna Foundation
Tom Bird Charitable Trust
TomKat Foundation
W.K. Kellogg Foundation

$25,000 - $99,999

Armonia LLC
Aspen Institute Braddock Scholars Program
Aspen Network of Develpment Entrepreneurs
CAF - Development Bank of Latin America
Calvert Foundation
Clara Fund
Climate Ride
Cora Foundation
David Hodgson
Debra Dunn
Doen Stichtung
Flora Family Foundation
Grinnell College
Inherent Group
Ruth Fuchs Charitable Trust
S C Group
The Annie E. Casey Foundation
The Fink Family Foundation
The Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund
The Hitachi Foundation
William Patterson Foundation

$10,000 - $24,999

Botwinick-Wolfensohn Foundation
JP Morgan
Linklaters LLP
Roger Kafker
Stuart Davidson

$1,000 - $9,999

Brian Olson
Carol and David Kassoy
Charles Baird
Charles Buchanan
David Chen
David Reuter
Ion Yadigaroglu
Jim Epstein
Jerry Greenfield
John Fullerton
Kevin Hong
Larry Guffey Family Foundation
Organic Valley
Progressio Foundation
Robert J. and Helen H. Glaser Family Foundation
Roselyne Swig
Sabrena Silver
Solidago Foundation
Stephen Simon
The Khoury Foundation
Trip Baird
Victoria Fiore

Financial Model and Transparency

B Lab Global's financial model reflects a mix of earned and philanthropic revenue. Over the last ten years, B Lab's earned revenue has risen to over 50% of its operating budget of ~10M, making the organization increasingly self-sustaining while allowing for philanthropic revenue to focus on new market innovations. Over time, our goal is to be 80% self-sustaining; leaving a 20% budget to address market barriers and support development of programs ahead of the market.

As a 501C3, B Lab makes its Forms 990 available to the public. If you have any questions about B Lab's finances or philanthropic support, reach out to us here.